ON LINE PRESCRIPTION ORDERING IS NOW CLOSED PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW FOR NEW OREDERING WEB SITE.
What is a repeat prescription?
A repeat prescription is a prescription for a medicine that you need to take on a long term basis. You can get another supply of repeat prescriptions without seeing your doctor each time.
How do I order my repeat prescription?
You can order your repeat prescription medicines in a number of ways:
- Online – follow the link at the top of this page and carry out a simple registration. Once you have registered, you will be able to request your repeat prescriptions through the website every month (or whenever you run out).
- Using the repeat prescription slip - the repeat prescription slip is the white side of your prescription that has a list of your regular medications. The pharmacist will keep the green side of your prescription and return the white side to you. When you have 1 weeks supply of medication left, you can tick the medication you need on the repeat medication slip and return it IN PERSON or BY POST(enclosing an s.a.e.) to the surgery. Requests dropped into the surgery must be posted into our lockable box in the waiting room.
- Written request via reception – If you have lost your repeat prescription slip, or if the medication you require is not on your reorder form, you may come in to the surgery in person and fill in a written request slip. You will need to include the full name and dose of the medication you need. Completed request slips need to be posted into our lockable box located in the waiting room.
- Through your pharmacist – If you choose to do so, you can designate a local pharmacist to request your repeat prescription when you run out. You must inform us of your chosen pharmacist and we will record this in your computer records. Please note that you must initiate your prescription requests by contacting your pharmacist when your mediation is running out, to let them know exactly what medication you need.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS CANNOT BE TAKEN OVER THE PHONE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.
Collecting your repeat prescription:
- Please allow two full working days (48 hours) between requesting and collecting your medication. Please allow enough time to order your repeat prescription so that you do not run out.
- If you have arrangements with a local pharmacist to request your medication, you can then either collect your medication directly from the pharmacy or make arrangements with your pharmacist to deliver the medication.
Please do not request medicines that you have a supply of.
If you are taking repeat medication, you will be asked to see either a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to discuss your medication and review your treatment. You may be asked to come more frequently, depending on your medical conditions and the number of medications you are taking.
Please allow two full working days between requesting and collecting your medication.